NEW! LAMINATED SIDE WINDOW GLASS CUTTER
Seconds save. Minutes kill. The Ripper™ is a critical life-saving tool necessary for all first-responders! Laminated glass is now required by law in side windows for most newly manufactured vehicles in the United States. Is your department ready for the changes? Will you be prepared to save a life?
The Ripper™ is the solution to many of the rescue issues caused by FMVSS 226, which now requires most newly manufactured vehicles to have laminated glass side windows. How will you save a child trapped inside of hot car; a driver in cardiac arrest; a passenger trapped inside a burning vehicle; or apprehend a non-compliant suspect? Watch our video to find out!
YOUR DEPARTMENT NEEDS THE RIPPER™
Effective September 1, 2018, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 226 (FMVSS 226) established requirements for ejection mitigation systems to reduce the likelihood of complete and partial occupant ejections through side windows during rollover or side impact events. The standard applies to all passenger cars, multipurpose vehicles, trucks and buses with a GVWR of 4,536 kg or less.
This change is expected to add 17 million new vehicles per year to America’s roadways with laminated glass side windows. Punches will not shatter laminated glass. Laminated glass must be CUT.
A second issue related to patient safety when removing laminated glass requires the use of non-intrusive blade systems on side windows to avoid striking patients or uncooperative suspects while removing the laminated glass.
- FAST : Cuts laminated glass to rescue a
patient, remove the window, or to unlock a vehicle door in less than TEN SECONDS!
- SAFE : Piercing tip penetrates only about an inch allowing rescuers to operate entirely within the “Safe Cut Zone”
- EFFICIENT : Offers a 360˚ swivel for left or right hand users. Has an attached Resqme® window punch, seat belt and ejection mitigation curtain cutter
- VERSATILE : Interfaces with popular model impact drivers including Milwaukee®, DeWalt®, and Makita®
- Uses impact drivers for more power and durability
- No proprietary batteries—uses the same batteries you may already own
- Blade teeth for emergency backup manual cutting
- Color: Blaze Orange so it does not look like a firearm
- 3-year limited warranty
- Cost effective
All Kits Contain: The Ripper™ Laminated Glass Cutter, Impact Driver, 2 Batteries, Fast Charger, Tool Kit, Owner’s Manual and Soft Carry Bag
Milwaukee® 12 Volt 2553-22 (with 2.0Ah Batteries)
Makita® 18 Volt XDT16 (with 2.0Ah Batteries)